Further to our previous email we set out the new protocols we have adopted for our controlled re opening. Please though we ask again that you read Government advice.
Please also read this email in its entirety, I’ve tried to keep it short.
There is an obligation on us all to avoid breaking any bye laws or general guidance whilst out on the water. This includes strict adherence to speed limits. It is very clear that a boat can only be enjoyed by a ‘live together’ family unit, no friends or relatives. We strongly encourage the use of appropriate life jackets or buoyancy aids. We must also try to avoid troubling any of the Emergency Services (Coastguard, RNLI etc) so please ensure that your various craft are in good order with plentiful fuel supplies. Wrongly we tend to be seen as an elitist sport and the last thing we need is media stories highlighting rescues of the ill-prepared.
On that note it is YOUR responsibility to ensure the safety and reliability of your vessels. Please ask any visiting contractors to contact us to arrange access and we will liaise with them, but it must be YOU commissioning the work. Flat batteries are also likely to be a beginning of season issue so please ensure they are charged.
Of course, our café and gym remain closed and that includes the changing rooms and showers. The WC’s next to the bar will be open if they need to be used and are equipped with hand sanitizer and hand driers but again, observe social distancing. On no account should anyone enter the premises at all if they have
- Had contact with someone with Corona Virus
- Any of the symptoms
- Or are self isolating
Please note that from now on we will only be using the Eastern Jetty (white hut). The Western Jetty (blue hut) is now private and not available to SYC members or the general public. From June 1st the Eastern Jetty will have a new 15m boat pontoon with an additional 4 bespoke jet ski spaces on the end. We have undertaken significant dredging to enable this and are sure that concentrating the activity on one jetty will allow for smoother operating. When the new pontoon has been installed there will be a further waiting pontoon attached to the nearby moorings. This doubles the existing waiting and docking facilities.
LAUNCH & RETRIEVE, VALET MOORING & JETSKI CUSTOMERS
We are to maintain safe distancing at all times, and we have identified the jetty and the floating dock as potential pinch points. As a result, we must seek to avoid congestion in those areas. We will trial a strict booking timetable with 15 minute slots. You must request a 15 minute slot by text message (first slot 9am Saturday) and you must await confirmation that this slot is available.
Office 01202 611 262
- Try to arrive a few minutes before your booked time. If you are late we might have to put you on a mooring temporarily.
- Wait at the signposted waiting area, proceed to your boat or ski when instructed to do so but do not move forward if there are other customers on the jetty
- A hand sanitiser station is available in the white hut, please use before you go out and when you return bearing in mind we will have ‘handled’ your steering wheel before and then after you use it. We too, will sanitise before and after use.
We are to maintain safe distancing at all times, and we have identified the jetty and the floating dock as potential pinch points. As a result, we must seek to avoid congestion in those areas. We will NOT use a strict booking timetable but please notify us by text or call of your likely time of arrival
- On arrival wait at the signposted waiting area, the Orange RIB will be in use, please stand at the back of the RIB behind the black and orange markings when you board, this area is 2m behind the driver. We may have to take larger groups out in more than one run.
- On your return please give us 30 minutes notice by telephone or text of your return time then proceed to your allocated mooring and await collection.
- The rowing dinghies are available and will be at the end of the jetty. A hand sanitiser station is available in the white hut, please use before you go out and when you return. Do not proceed to the dinghies if you can not observe the 2m separation guidance.
Josh 07464 938 982
Tom 07401 636 003
Office 01202 611 262
We are, as the Government loves to point out, in unprecedented times. We at SYC will do our best to provide the usual high quality service that we are proud of. Please bear with us during the early stages as we ‘feel’ our way through these new operating procedures that will inevitably need to be tweaked as we move forward. We have a collective responsibility to enjoy safely our new found freedoms so I hope we can all work together to achieve the balance between ease of use and observation of the protocols that help to keep us safe and avoid spreading of Corona.